We were both in the same ward, but I never really talked to him, although I sat behind him the very first Sunday. I remember because I loved his great hair and attractive features, but my dreams of dating him were quickly crushed when I noticed the girl sitting next to him. He was taken. I sadly moved on, scanning the rest of the congregation for potentials, but soon became resigned to the fact that I would go another summer single. About a month later, Cody sat by me at church and was trying to chat me up. I wasn’t very friendly and tried to respond to his questions with short, one word answers— his cute, taken self did not belong all up in my single-life business. But soon I found out that he no longer had a lady, and I turned up the flirt as much as I knew how. So, on medium-low. But it worked! We started hanging out and Cody asked me on our first date for the 4th of July. He always says, “Fireworks really did go off on our first date!” Clever, Cody. Clever.
I’m so glad we found each other, Cody is my perfect match, my best friend, my snickersnacker, my skrunkle, my muffin rag, my strawberry shortcake, my everything. We’ve had lots of adventures so far, and we plan on having much more! This is our Roueche-ly life.
Sidenote- our last name is Roueche. But it’s pronounced like Rooshay. I don’t know what that “e” right in the middle is doing there, but it needs to get out of my life. It makes people call us weird things, like Roosh. So, the name of the blog maybe is less confusing now? Roueche-ly rhymes with daily, so instead of our daily life, it’s our Roueche-ly life :)
3 comments:
Awwwwww! I love this!
yayyy!! welcome to blogging..it's so fun! and your page is super cute..
So nice....keep the articles coming. And it will be a great personal history for your life! Just be sure to keep a copy in your personal files in case it disappears from the internet. Loveya!
Post a Comment