I’m not one to love nature, but I couldn’t get over how pretty it was there! We went 4-wheeling up through the mountains and it was just beautiful. I made Cody drive up the steep, rocky parts, but then I took over once the trail smoothed out. Cody’s cousin rode in front of us and kept kicking up dust, so I sped past him, but me and Cody still got so dirty! I felt like Evel Knievel. Minus the jumping over cars part. It was a lot of fun.
Later during the week we rode horses. Now, I once had a bad experience with horses. Called, my horse galloped really fast and dragged me through these trees, even though I told him to please stop. Because of this experience, I was a little afraid to go on our horseback riding journey. However, I was given the best horse possible. First off, his name was Doc. Once the lady told me the horse’s name, I was sure this ride would be survivable. I mean, they wouldn’t name a horse Doc if he hurt people by scraping them through wild branches. Second of all, he was like, the slowest horse that ever roamed the prairies. Our guide lady called him her trusty “pace setter.” I rewarded his safe trotting by letting him eat the grass along the ride, even though the lady said not to. Oops. We got to go up mountainous hills and cross the river a few times, so that was exciting. The water went up to Cody’s ankles when we crossed this one part of the river. It was awesome. Cody’s horse also loved to get right next to mine. I think he knew me and Cody were in love so he wanted us to be closer to each other. Either that or my horse was going too slow and Cody’s horse wanted to pass him. The last main thing we did was go zip lining! Wow. I was so brave. Cody mentioned there would be zip lining at the reunion and asked if I wanted to do it. I’m deathly afraid of heights, so I said maybe. Turns out Cody’s dad already pre-paid for us to do it, so there was no turning back. I convinced myself I’d be fine and that maybe it wouldn’t be too far off the ground. But it was pretty far off the ground. Aka, 200 ft. in the air. Cody went first on all four of the zip lines to reassure me that I wouldn’t die. He’s such a manly man. Melinda and Jill helped distract me from my terror by laughing with and/or at me, I got up my courage, and before I knew it I was flying over the canyon. Starting out was the hardest part for me. I drug my feet every time, causing my shoes to make a squealing sound as I prepared to slide down the zip line that started on a wood deck. Embarrassing? Probably. But I was fine once I was in the air. It was so cool! I’m glad I went, and I would definitely go again.
Aside from 4-wheeling, horse riding, and zip lining, we also played horse shoes, watched the first half hour of almost every video there, ate delicious food, and got to spend time with Cody’s wonderful family and relatives. Gotta love family reunions.
2 comments:
Dang girl you are so brave. Good job. That looks pretty sweet. I'm jealous of all the fun you got to have.
I'm so glad you guys came! It really was a ton of fun! Thanks for helping me relive the good times! Oh, And a love the zipline video! You were soooo brave! I don't think I could've done it!
Post a Comment