Monday, July 30, 2012

July

Thought I'd share a few of our July gems: 

1. Fourth of July fireworks at Orchard Park. They were wonderful and never-ending. I think there were 3 fake-out finales before the actual finale. Well played, Bentonville. 



2. Indoor picnic. The ridiculously hot weather didn't stop us from having a festive picnic on the 4th. Ramburgers, corn on the cob, watermelon, strawberries, nacho cheese Doritos, and water-filled blue cups, all consumed on a red blanket. It doesn't get more patriotic than that. 






3. Playing "I Spy" while waiting for the fireworks to start. Cody dominated. Doesn't he have the cutest game face?



4. The drive-in movies. When Cody discovered that Fayetteville had a drive-in theater I was so excited I didn't know what to do with myself. Drive-ins are the best, plus they were showing the new Spiderman movie, so we had to go. We packed our very own movie treats, blankets, and pillows for extra flavor and held hands and did a few kisses for extra romance. 



5. Swimming. Cody and I went swimming together and had a blast. He taught me all the good swimmer moves like how to tread water and entertained me by doing handstands and being cute. I was impressed by his Olympic-style turns and ability to not plug his nose underwater. He was impressed by my highly realistic dead man's float and ability to pick him up. Highlights included:
  • Cody making me repeatedly rescue him from "drowning."
  • A competition to see who could hold their breath the longest (I think Cody won at 23 seconds. We may or may not need to work on our lung capacities). 
  • Cody making me chase him around the pool and screaming when I got close to catching him. 
  • Our attempts to make a whirlpool. 
  • My Martha Washington hair and Cody's Beatles hair. 
  • A failed synchronized swimming routine.

6. Nightly walks. Cody and I have been going on walks around 8:00-8:30. It's the perfect time because it's less hot and the sky looks pretty from the sunset. It's quiet and peaceful outside and it's nice to spend time together without any distractions but each other.


7. Being done with the PRAXIS. Cody was the best husband and drove me to Fayetteville to take my test last week. When I finished, he took me to Cici's Pizza to celebrate and informed me that I had now experienced everything important from his childhood. It's always fun to go out with my honey and the alfredo pizza was delicious.


8.Crystal Bridges. Josiah, Megan, and Carson came to visit so we decided to take them to Crystal Bridges. It's kind of like this indoor/outdoor art museum.  It was really pretty, we'll definitely be going back.





Happy July! Hope you all had as much fun as we did.

1 comment:

CHANEL CARLILE said...

i almost had a heart attack when i saw that you had updated your blog.
very exciting.
my favorite line was "he was impressed by my highly realistic dead man's float." hahaha.
i miss you lots.